6-Channel Apple II Chiptune Player
This is a quick hack to get 6-channel chiptunes playing with
an Apple II
with a Mockingboard card.
More info can be found on playing a wider selection of 3-channel
chiptunes at my VMW Chiptune Player page.
I made this to play a song provided by
The long term plan is to create a player that can play PT3 pro-tracker
files directly. This will avoid the current issue where I repack the files
into my custom KRW format which needs 14k+10k of RAM for each set of
3 channels to play (plus slow LZ4 decoding).
- This needs a Mockingboard card in Slot #4
- You also need 64k of RAM (so, a language card on II+ and earlier)
- It might only work on IIe enhanced and more recent due to
taking interrupts while the language card is active.
(older machine ROM firmware does not support this well)
- This has only been tested on recent AppleWin
- It does not seem to work under MAME for some reason.
Apple II Code/Disk Images
Other Apple2 Projects
Back to the VMW Software Productions Page